Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lemon Chicken


I love to cook but cooking in the summer is not my favorite thing.While I love summer in some ways in ( think lazy days) the thing I really dislike the most is heating the kitchen up when cooking. I avoid baking as much as I can during the summer. This summer our grill is not working so that has made things little harder. I am always looking for new recipes and today I found a good one for Lemon Chicken. Of course I don't ever follow the recipes I use them more as guide lines....so here it is with the way I cooked it :)



4 boneless chicken breast ( pounded thin or buy chicken cutlets )

1 large onion sliced ( I used a sweet onion)

2-3 cloves of garlic pressed

olive oil

butter

flour

salt

pepper

1 lemon

chicken broth


*squeeze juice out of lemon

*heat a skillet put in about 2-3 T of olive oil add onions and garlic cook until the onions are translucent about 3 minuets

*remove onions and garlic from pan

*Add butter about 1 T

*put flour on a plate or baking dish add salt and pepper to taste (I have no idea how much I use we don't do a lot of salt so I don't use as much). Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour mixture.

*put chicken in pan and cook on medium heat for about 2-3 minuets on each side or until golden brown.

*remove chicken from pan

* add about 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and lemon juice let come to a boil

* add the onions and chicken back to the pan and let cook for about 5 minuets.
I know there are a lot of steps but it was done in less than 25 minuets from start to finish.


I think the next time I make this I may wilt a bag of spinach in the pan the last couple of minuets.


No comments: