Monday, January 12, 2009

Six words

Me and Deb in November at her graduation
Betsy

David with all the Nephews


So I saw a writing prompt here she had gotten it from here.

"Ask a loved one to use 6 descriptive words to describe you and report your findings. How well do they know you? "

Well you know me I could not just ask one person I asked three. My brother and two of my sisters. Here is what they had to say

This is the order I received them in and the order they wrote them in.
So lets see how well they know me.


Deb
Loving: I really do try to love all those around me. I have found that I am much happier when I can love each person for who they are and not who I think they should be or want them to be.

Creative: Well two of you wrote that I am creative and I guess I am in some ways. I think I am just a really good copier.

Intelligent: Well of all my brothers and sisters I think I am low man on the totem pole in academic education. However when it comes to everyday life I think I do OK.

Talented: I am not sure what area you are referring to there are so many.... Just kidding. I love to learn new things so I am always trying new things. I think I am truly a Jack of all trades master of none kind of person.

Beautiful: Thank you
Thoughtful: Again two of you choose this word. I really do try to think about others and how they are feeling. I don't know how successful I am but I try.

Betsy
Nurturing: Not to sure how well I do at this. My kids would tell you I run for the hills when they are sick.

Creative: see above

Considerate: I think this goes with being thoughtful. I want others to be happy and if they are not I don't want it to because of me.

Accepting: I do try to be accepting to all those I meet. I know that you never know what someone has gone through, or is going through. I try to live by the old saying " Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes"

Involved: Yes you hit the nail on the head with this one! I try to be as involved as I can at the school. I volunteer in the class room , Media center, PTA and help out with the copy program at the elementary school. At the Middle school, I am the band booster President, help in the media center, and help with the knitting and crochet club. I am the Cub Committee chair person for our Cub Scout Pack, I help at church with visiting our sisters, our service group and what ever else I am asked to do. I also try and do as much service in the community as I can. I really love to help others.

Expressive: Well I guess this depends on who I am talking to and what I am talking about. I tend to keep things inside of me. Very few people know all there is to know about me or even most of what there is to know about me.


David

Caring: I do care about a lot of people and a lot of things. I think that is one reason I am as involved as I am with church, school, and community.

Wise: well that is still out for debate ;)

Understanding: I try to be but sometimes it is really hard.

Fun: I think I am more myself when I am with family and tend to cut loose a little more. Family may think I am more fun than some of my friends.

Stubborn: Why YES I AM when I think I am right. I do try to listen to all sides of what ever is going on. I WILL change my mind. I don't tend to speak up about things unless they really mean something to me. Most of the time if things are being decided I won't say anything unless I have strong feelings on the matter. I often let others make the decisions because in the long run it really does not matter to me. So if you are ever with me and I am really trying to get you to change your mind or I have spoken up about something you know it really matters to me anyway.

Thoughtful: again see above.

I think for the most part they get me. Seeing as I am 10 1/2 , 13 and 15 years older then they are and for the most part did not live at home while they were growing up. I love you all thanks for sharing with me.

1 comment:

Mammatalk said...

Six words, huh? I shudder to think what those words would be for me?
:-> Thanks for visiting me on my big, bloggy day!