Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How does my garden grow?





I really wanted to have a garden this year, so I decided to get containers and found these at Wal-mart for $5 each. Chase drilled holes in the bottom for me, I added a layer of gravel and then filled them with soil. I have a Japanese Black Heirloom Tomato, squash and cucumber planted in the first one. A Creole Heirloom tomato, squash, and cucumber in the second one. In the third one I have a Rose Heirloom tomato, eggplant, sweet pepper, and a basil plant.

I am excited to see if they do well. I already have some tomatoes getting ripe and several squash and cucumbers starting. The boys seem to like to check on the plants with me but I don't think they will eat any of what I planted. I may have to get some more container next year so I can plant some cantaloupe and watermelon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, your container garden looks better than my traditional garden. I've been doing my best without the having the hubby doing most of the work. Keep up the good work!