Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Deb

This my beautiful little sister Deborah. She was born my Freshman year of High School. I remember being called to the office to go home the day she was born (thanks you got me out of English that day). I was so excited. The next day at school I went around telling all my friends that I had a new baby sister. I wish I could find the picture of the day she came home from the hospital. I had so much fun holding her. She has been a joy to my life. I love her more than I could ever express. She is a lot of fun to be around. She is good a lots of things and is a great Aunt to her niece and nephews. I wish I could be with her today to celebrate. She is a great woman, friend, and sister.

May your day be filled with joy and this next year be a blessed one. I love you


Here are a few more things about her enjoy getting to know my little sister a little better.


I think this was while I was on my mission. She must have been around 6 or 7.


At Deb's graduation in November She graduated at the top of her class and had the highest average ever in the 25 years her instructor has been teaching!! Way to go Deb.



What is your favorite thing to do?

Right now my favorite thing to to is probably riding my horse, Nova. There is something very therapeutic about it. Riding my motorcycle comes in second, though. I can go fast for a long time and not feel bad about making it work hard, like I do with Nova. :)

What is your favorite color?

Green

What is your favorite book?

Ouch! I don't think I can narrow it down to just one. My old faithful is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, by J.R.R. Tolkien. I've probably read and re-read those more than anything. I also love Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. I have to give a shout out to our sister Betsy and the book she has written. It's excellent! One of the best romance books I have ever read.

***I have to agree with this and can't wait for it to be published***


What is your favorite food?
Dang. If I have to pick I guess it would be and Indian dish called Matar Paneer with some nan bread on the side. If you put that in front of me I'll eat it until it is gone, every single time!
What are you most afraid of?
My family becoming gravely ill or terribly injured. I believe that is an unavoidable by product of my profession, however.


What are you most proud of?


Becoming a Paramedic. When I was a kid, I'd see the ambulance go screaming by and think, "wouldn't that be cool one day?" Now it's a reality and it's just as cool as I thought it would be. How awesome is that?


What is your favorite music?
Classical, hands down. Beethoven, Brahms, Bach, Vivaldi...I love it.
What is your favorite movie?
Labyrinth. I know it is juvenile, but I loved it the moment I saw it and haven't ever stopped. Plus it has a great moral: Don't ever give up. If you want it bad enough you can overcome anything. (And I had the worst crush on David Bowie because of that movie, too!)
What is your favorite memory of me ?

When you gave me the tape of Labyrinth. ;) I still have it, too. Seriously though? That's tough. Anything you did when I was a kid was special to me. I loved being around you. You were so beautiful and grown up! Lots of my favorite memories are of us just sitting around and you playing with my hair. I still like it when you do that. Some stuff just doesn't change.
What is your favorite childhood memory?
Going out to Utah to visit Grandma Vel.
What do you love most about life?
Learning new things and going new places. The two go hand in hand. I've been very fortunate in my life that I've gotten to travel and see new things and meet people and learn new ways of doing things. I have a job where I have to constantly learn to keep up to date. I have an insatiable curiosity and I'm blessed to be able to feed it as much as possible.
what are you really good at?
Crafts! That is one thing I can do, for sure. And I love it that you are crafty too. I can talk to you about knitting or whatever and you don't think I'm insane!




4 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

What a lovely post! Happy birthday to you sister!

Sandy said...

Sisterly love is like no other! Happy Birthday to your sister!

Whitney said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

What a wonderful post for your sister! Sisters are such a wonderful thing! I sure do love mine!

Oh! And your LDS. I always get a kick out of meeting other LDS bloggers. I mean, I know that they are out there, but I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do meet them!

lynette355 said...

We are rounding the corner on this week. Happy Wed SITS-er.
That is a beautiful picture of your sister. Happy B-day to her.